The Great American pop artist Andy Warhol died on Feb 22, 1987. Not only was he an incredibly talented artist, he was the master of the unexpected and had some absolutely brilliant and witty quotes. Here are some of his gems as this week’s Sunday Seven:
- People should fall in love with their eyes closed.
- Don’t pay attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.
- I just do art because I’m ugly and there’s nothing else for me to do.
- The idea is not to live forever, it is to create something that will.
- In the future, everyone will be world famous for fifteen minutes.
- I never fall apart, because I never fall together.
- As soon as you stop wanting something you get it.
- It’s not what you are that counts, it’s what they think you are.
- Art is what you can get away with.